Start a Conversation
Click through the boxes below to discover... how to Evaluate your current use of ESR functionality, identify what you need to Consider when exploring the ESR solution, and outline how you can Take Action, to expand your use of the solution to gain maximum efficiencies.
The following questions will help you to evaluate what your current workforce reporting capability is;
- Do I understand how we currently report on our workforce, and what systems we use to do it?
- What are our reporting requirements at all levels i.e National, Regional, Board, SMT, Operational, managerial level?
- Is our Workforce team fully trained on ESR BI and do they understand how to gain maximum use of the functionality?
- Are we using all areas of ESR effectively to contribute to the collective workforce intelligence of the organisation?
- Is ESR regarded as the central point of data for our organisation?
Consider how your workforce data meets your reporting needs;
- What are our current workforce reporting challenges?
- How robust and useful is our current level of workforce intelligence?
- How easy is it for the Workforce team to supply information quickly in response to national requests (e.g. CQC, NHSI, etc.)?
The following actions will ensure you ask the right questions of the right people;
Arrange a meeting with the Board and/or Senior Management Team:
- What are our workforce intelligence requirements?
- Where is our current reporting not meeting our needs?
- What are we likely to need in terms of workforce intelligence in the future?
- Do we have effective workforce intelligence to respond to the changing landscape of the NHS, in particular local STP plans?
Arrange a meeting with your ESR Lead and Workforce Analyst.
- Do we have enough knowledge of ESR BI and other ESR functionality?
- What is our current reporting process?
- How do we ensure the quality of our data?
- Is the Workforce team receiving the WoVEn (Workforce Validation Engine) and professional registration data quality reports, and taking action where required?
- Have we looked fully at all areas of ESR functionality in order to maximise the amount and accuracy of our data intelligence?
- Do all our professional users, employees and managers use the ESR portal?
- Are all of our corporate functions using ESR effectively?
- How are we considering ESR Self Service as an effective tool to provide data to our employees, managers and professional users?
- How can we maximise ESR functionality to gain efficiencies within the workforce team and other back office functions?